cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex RoomOS - get Meeting Details via Macro

pescla
Spotlight
Spotlight

I am trying to write a Macro on a Room Panorama Device that makes it so when a Meeting starts, the Webex Board that is in the same room also automatically joins the Meeting. It is intended to NOT use Companion Mode so this has to go either via another Mailbox and an Outlook redirect rule (preferably not), or via Macro.

I already figured out two possible ways for this - running on the Room Panorama device, i will set up a Macro to listen to the xstatus Conference Feedback. When a meeting starts (the Room Panorama is invited via Mail to a Webex Meeting), i call the Webex Device Command API to run the Dial command on the Board, making it dial the Webex Dial-In Number. The problem is that on the Room Panorama, i dont seem to have a way to actually view this Meeting Information. As you know the classic Webex Meeting Invitation Mail includes stuff like Meeting Number, Meeting Pin, Dial in via PSTN Number / Dial in via @webex.com URI. But after checking all sort of status commands on the device, none of these values seem to be "known" to the device itself.

I thought of a way to work around this, and wanted to try calling the Webex Meeting API to list all Meetings for this room device, so that i can simply get the needed values to join the meeting via API. The problem is that i have not found a way to call the API on behalf of the device - if i call it with my own developer token / a bot token, i am obviously not gonna see any meetings i am not involved with.

Does anyone know if there is either 1) a way to view the meeting number/pin/dial-in number on the invited room system, or 2) generate a webex integration of some sort that lets me view the schedules meetings of a room device via Webex API?

1 Reply 1

Janos Benyovszki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@pescla can you please open a ticket - email to devsupport@webex.com - with the same query? We can get in touch with the device engineers and see if they have a recommendation. Thanks