cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

XML API Scheduling Permissions in REST API

Phill Johntony
Level 1
Level 1
We run a script nightly that takes Outlook delegates and assigns them with Scheduling Permissions in Webex. This is currently only possible in the XML API which will be EOL sometime near the end of 2023. The script is already using the REST API for some other functions, but REST doesn't support scheduling permissions which are found under GetUser and SetUser endpoints in XML.

Are there plans to fill this feature gap between the XML and REST?
1 Accepted Solution

Sorry about that, I made the mistake of not reading the whole thread. Setting scheduling permissions via the REST APIs is on the roadmap but no ETA yet. The User Service XML APIs aren't being deprecated so you can continue to use them to set scheduling permissions but this ability will eventually make it into the REST APIs.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

sandiban
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @Phill Johntony,
Just wanted to update first on the XML API support with most recent changes, where the End-of-Support (EOS) has been extended a little to end of 2023 and End-of-Life has been extended till March 2024. Though it's not a long extension, but still a change in plan.
Same has been documented here - https://developer.webex.com/docs/webex-xml-api-deprecation-announcement

Now, to answer your query - in REST API, we actually have /people APIs which is only accessible by the Full Admin of an Org.
You can use /list-person API which will provide all the Users who are present in your Org or, if you already have the personId available with you, then directly you can run /get-person-details API.
Now if you want to update any of those person details along with their Roles and Licenses, you can use the /update-a-person REST API as well.

To check what are the Roles and Licenses you've available in your org, being a Full Admin of your Org - you can run these respective REST APIs for /roles and /licenses
Hope this helps to solve your purpose. You can review the provided REST APIs and please let us know for any further assistance.

Regards,
Sandip

Please Note: If you think the solution provided above was helpful and satisfactory, please accept it as a Solution! However if you want to discuss it further and get yourself unblocked, please don't hesitate to reply back in this thread and we'll try to answer those queries by the soonest. In that case, once all of your queries are cleared - finally you can mark it as "Accepted as Solution"

@sandiban thanks for the update on the EOS/EOL status.

I am already using the REST API to /get-person-details. The issue is the REST API doesn't currently support the schedulingPermission element like the XML API GetUser and SetUser services do.

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/webex-xml-api-reference-guide/#!elements-in-webex-xml-schema-definitions-for-the-user-service

PhillJohntony_1-1677598403389.png

Yes right @Phill Johntony! Actually that schedulingPermission is entirely for the Training Center events and this Training Center is part of Event Center (EC) which includes Classic Events and Trainings, exclusive in XML API.
But in REST API, it only supports Meeting Center (MC) as of now which includes Webex Meetings and Webinar.
Hence there is no place to conduct Training events using REST API and that's why some of those Training related functionalities still missing there.

However once this whole EC gets migrated to REST (which is already in progress), such functionalities should be available with it.
For the time being, still the answer for your actual query would be to go with XML API.
Hope that helps here.

Regards,
Sandip

@sandiban yes the API docs do mention that schedulingPermission is for Training Center, however, if you go to the Webex user portal it says schedulingPermission is for Meetings, Training, and the Outlook integration. I assume the docs are just out of date.

PhillJohntony_0-1677678517708.png

Anyways thank you for your response. I'll continue to monitor the REST API for this feature as the XML migration as it gets closer to EOL.

Thank you

Yes @Phill Johntony, actually I did some research from my end as well and discussed this internally. So, for the Webex Meeting Scheduling permission, actually there is a REST API available.
You can look at this /update-scheduling-options API for updating the scheduling options/permissions for a specific User and this /get-scheduling-options API would help you to fetch the available scheduling permissions at this moment to your Webex Site.
I think this should be helpful for you, however for the Training Event - still there is no REST API with similar functionalities!

Regards,
Sandip

Please Note: If you think the solution provided above was helpful and satisfactory, please accept it as a Solution! However if you want to discuss it further and get yourself unblocked, please don't hesitate to reply back in this thread and we'll try to answer those queries by the soonest. In that case, once all of your queries are cleared - finally you can mark it as "Accepted as Solution"

@sandiban so /update-scheduling-options does seem like the logical place for scheduling permissions, however I don't see delegate permissions in the docs or in the API response.

{
  "enabledJoinBeforeHost": true,
  "joinBeforeHostMinutes": 5,
  "enabledAutoShareRecording": false,
  "enabledWebexAssistantByDefault": false
}

Am I missing something? 

If by "delegate permissions" you mean to update permissions for another host, if the user authenticating the request is a full admin of the org they can define the "userEmail" query parameter as the host they want to set the permissions for.

No sorry, by delegate permissions, I am referring to the scheduling permissions field that allows users to schedule meetings on the other user's behalf, similar to Outlook delegates.

PhillJohntony_0-1677678517708.png

I am aware of using the userEmail query to update settings for a specific user.

Sorry about that, I made the mistake of not reading the whole thread. Setting scheduling permissions via the REST APIs is on the roadmap but no ETA yet. The User Service XML APIs aren't being deprecated so you can continue to use them to set scheduling permissions but this ability will eventually make it into the REST APIs.

No worries. Thanks for the update. I'll set a reminder to revisit the REST API docs next year to check on the status of this feature.