Views
Helpful
Replies

BreakOut room & self choice

alexis.picot
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I would like to double check something that I am not quite sure understanding.

Is it possible to create several breakout rooms, and let the participants, while being in the webex meeting, join the one of their interest ?

So I don't assign them by myself to any room. They choose the breakout room they join, based on the topic, when we launch them.

Thanks for your help !

Best,

Alexis

1 Accepted Solution

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@alexis.picot , this feature is currently not available in Webex Meetings, but is considered for a future release. Stay tuned!

Response Signature

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

alexis.picot
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Thank you for your answers.

I can't manage to find myself on which cluster I am. Therefore I have contacted our support team, who is finding out for me at the moment.

I ll make sure after to check the calendar the way you thought me.

Thanks once again !

Best,

Alexis

Hi - you can find your cluster by using the command prompt explained here - https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX63978/How-Do-I-Tell-What-Cluster-My-Site-Is-On 

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@alexis.picot , in order to know when the feature will be available on your Webex site, you first have to know on which cluster your Webex site is running: https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX63978/How-Do-I-Tell-What-Cluster-My-Site-Is-On

Once you know the cluster, you can do a search for that specific cluster on the Webex Maintenance page.
Let's take the example that your Webex site is running on Cluster W. When doing a search for cluster W, you'll see that the feature "Let Anyone Join this Breakout Session" will be enabled on February 5th:

Global_Service_Status.png

Response Signature

alexis.picot
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @Kathy N. and @Goswin Weemaes ,

Thank you for your kind answer.

So I might be super lucky, as I would need that for an event at the beginning of Feb !

I am not quite sure I understand how works this calender : Global Service Status (webex.com) , but I guess I ll just have to keep my fingers crossed.

As it is exactly the feature I was looking for.

Thanks !

Alexis

Let me explain the calendar:

1 - find out what Cluster your company is on... Login to your company.webex.com website, and select "Webex Administration" from your drop down menu (under your name). The first page will show you the Cluster you are on...  Mine is "AW".

2 - On the calendar you shared above, you can click on today's date (Jan 19), and you will see different clusters being upgraded.

3 - Find your cluster among the different calendar items -

• AW for example, is schedule to be upgraded on Jan 19, and then,
  • the new features are Activated about 1 week later. My cluster is set to be activated (Feature Enhancement) on Jan 26.
  • This is the upgrade where I will get "Let Anyone Join this Breakout Session"...

Hope this helps!

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

The ability for attendees to choose their breakout rooms is being released this month in 41.1.  I'm using version 41.1.3.11 for the meeting app and it's not available in this version but am expecting it in an update before the end of the month.  More details regarding what is available in 41.1 are available at this LINK. 

Response Signature

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@alexis.picot , this feature is currently not available in Webex Meetings, but is considered for a future release. Stay tuned!

Response Signature

This would be greatly appreciated, especially in larger meetings. Cannot
wait for this feature to be added.
Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.