cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Crashing

flennerj
Level 1
Level 1

I have a real time online class.  The internet speed has been monitored, I use an ethernet cat 6 cable hard plugged and I when monitored I had 380 - 400 Mbps. Webex is crashing. I'm 100% certain that webex is the actual problem. When I write on word documents, or adobe acrobat, or attempt to use desmos or other websites the computer slows noticeably at first, then crashes at about an hour of use. I have two different setups, one mac  and the other is an HP with windows. Both crash.

Neither computer setup has any issue if I lecture for 2 hours, flipping between various websites and writing in adobe.  Does anyone know the source of the problem? I have tried checking various settings. I can't figure out what the issue would be. If I just talk into the camera there are no problems. The problems occur when I attempt to write or run other programs. Other teachers around me are having issues with webex as well (but they aren't real time - so they seem willing to restart - which temporarily fixes the problem.) I need webex to work for 2 hours without crashing in order for it to be a viable lecture platform.

2 Replies 2

I will start with checking if there is any updated available for both machines and applications which I use. Check if there is any available updates pending for webex app using. 

Response Signature

I uninstalled and reinstalled webex twice on both machines in the past week. The problem happened before and after. Both installs.
After the 2nd install - it did take longer for the problem to occur. However, I need to teach for 2 hours straight - and I must be able to share internet pages and simple tools from my desktop. I do not even stream video. This is not a problem on zoom; it is only a problem on webex.