cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Already established recurring meeting that I can join in Outlook 2016?

mikeandsuzan
Level 1
Level 1

There is a weekly meeting from an organization that I want to attend regularly.  I have the meeting ID and password, neither of which changes.  I see how to schedule a meeting through Outlook 2016 using the Webex add-in, but it appears that this is for my own meetings, not one already established by someone else.  Isn't there some way to set up a recurring meeting in Outlook that is not my own?

I am new to this, so I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @mikeandsuzan ,

Thanks for posting your question here. We were all new to Webex at some point, and our community is certainly here to help. Yes, you are correct, the Webex plug-in in Outlook is for you to set up a new meeting with someone, rather than add existing meeting information into a calendar slot.

Who organizes the recurring Webex meeting? The meeting organizer can add your email as an attendee to the recurring Webex meeting and you will get a recurring meeting invitation in your email.

However, you can also set up a recurring appointment with yourself in Outlook (without the Webex plug in) and just copy and paste the meeting ID and password in there. I have done that myself and have found it useful. I added a screenshot to show you how I would set it up in Outlook. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 3.32.33 PM.png

I hope this answers your question. Have a great rest of your day and feel free to post any other questions you have about Webex here in the community. We are more than happy to help.

Response Signature