cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot delete a set of recurring meetings

james.sidwell
Level 1
Level 1

I had set up a long set of recurring Webex meeting using the webex plug in MS Outlook.

Then my company changed the sourcing of Webex (not sure if it is a different provider or just a new more corporate like URL). My old account has now been disabled. Hence neither I nor my attendees could log into the existing meeting series.

I have managed to created a new meeting series with the new provider, but find myself unable to remove the old redundant series. Whenever I try, I am asked to log in to delete the meeting, but the login defaults to the old web address and as the account is disabled it of course fails and prevents me from deleting the meeting. Has anyone come across this problem before and if the have, what is the solution?

1 Accepted Solution

I encountered the same issue but was able to resolve it by deleting/cancelling the meeting series using Outlook Webmail (OWA) rather than through the Outlook client.  

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

dhair
Level 1
Level 1

I sort of having the same problem but mine is in canvas I cannot delete 2 old setups for a recurring meeting. I have tried in canvas, but Webex says it cannot communicate with LMS at the moment and to try again. I do and it does not work. I have tried many different ways and it still does not work. 

I have this problem

NogueraS
Level 1
Level 1

I also have this issue and I don't have access to Outlook WebMail. Our company restricted it from us. This re-occuring WebEx meeting comes up daily for me and I cannot permanently remove it, we no longer have a contract with WebEx. 

joakim.akerblom
Level 1
Level 1

This is not solved for me. Earlier employee created a reoccurring meeting, and I just do not know how to remove the meeting from my Cisco Webex Meetings schedule. There seem to be no way to remove it from my schedule, neither in the desktop app nor the web app. At my company, we do not have Outlook integration or any other integrations to Cisco Webex Meetings, from where I could try to remove it.

I get popup-reminders for the scheduled meeting every day and it is quite annoying.

Have you tried to login to your Admin account and remove it from there? (If you still have access you should be able to do this.)

We had a similar issue with a user's account being disabled and no one had access to it.  We had to open a TAC ticket and send them the meeting ID and details so they could delete it.

Response Signature

danobegood
Level 1
Level 1

I don't have OWA available to me, but was able to delete the meeting by first opening the series, then selecting "Cancel Meeting", then selecting the "Change Settings" function in Outlook's Webex integration section, then updating the "Attendees can join [number] minutes before starting time" from whatever it was to a new value, then clicking OK and then clicking the "Send Update" button.  

This resolved it for me.  Thanks

I encountered the same issue but was able to resolve it by deleting/cancelling the meeting series using Outlook Webmail (OWA) rather than through the Outlook client.  

I tried this solution but the problem is that another user created the meeting and then cancelled it in his outlook and we received the cancellation notification. After clicking delete from calendar, the outlook calendar was updated but the webex calendar was not.

I don’t have the series in OWA. This has to be a major bug if folks are hitting this problem!! Please Webex, provide a fix!!!!

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Were you using CWMS or WebEx SaaS for that long meeting series?

-Dejan

Probably SaaS given that it was all web driven, but I couldn't really say - Though I am in IT delivery, in this instance I am but a user with little or no knowledge of the application other than "it's pretty good at letting me share my screen"