cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot hide Participants from other Attendees

dfavero
Level 1
Level 1

I am a frequent user of WebEx need to host a large meeting, but I want to anonymize my Attendees for upcoming meeting - I don't want them to see other participants.  When I set up a meeting, I have gone through the appropriate steps in the setup, starting with "Edit Attendee Privileges" then I de-select the "View Participants List." 

Testing this, if participants join via iOS app, this feature works as it should, however, attendees who join via desktop app have full visibility of other participants. 

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a known bug? Any help is appreciated. 

5 Replies 5

WBXAdmin
Level 1
Level 1

If taking away the participant's privilege to view the participant list does not work you can always try to remove the participant panel completely by doing the following: press Alt+v p,p and select Participants from the current panels section and click Remove and then click OK. Hope this helps!

Matt_W
Level 3
Level 3

It sounds like you are selecting the correct setting to hide the participants list from the attendees.  I've tested this in the past and it worked for people joining from the desktop.  As you suggested this may be a new bug.  I'd suggest working with Cisco and sending them the info on which desktop app is being used to join as well as operating systems info and any logs you may have.

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You should try setting the meeting up as an Event - this only allows attendees to see the host and panelists.

Not helpful at all.  Why do I have to buy another service to use a simple feature for a relatively small number of participants.  This is why everyone uses zoom.  It should be very simple to prevent participants from seeing others and using video, except for host/presenters.

I think the same with you, I don't need all the feature of Webex Event.