Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changes to chat privileges during a meeting

We're seeing an issue over the last couple of days where the chat to everyone privilege is being disabled for users during a meeting.  The host is not disabling\changing the function.

Anyone else seeing issues with the chat to everyone function.  Its only arisen in the past 3-4 days.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

BGR
Spotlight
Spotlight

We had this problem after the 41.1 update. I started a TAC ticket on it and the bug was found - it will be fixed in the 41.4 update. It was also affecting annotation rights for us.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

BGR
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi - it turns out the bug was not totally fixed in the update to 41.4. We are still experiencing the chat being turned off for some along with annotation privilege's. I chatted with a TAC engineer and he said "From what I can see in the discussion with Engineering there is a new / related bug this issue is tied to which they’re looking into. The previous bug was fixed but seems not all conditions were covered (or caught) if I’m reading the discussion correctly. They’re currently working on a fix for the new bug."

Roray Stewart
Spotlight
Spotlight

@DavidSatelle39761 I've had an update on the TAC case I opened for my issue. Basically there is a bug which will be resolved in a version of 41.4 (no ETA yet for the release to be ready) however for us users running 41.2 or 41.3 won't experience the inability to chat with everyone. Anyone on 41.1 or earlier will. So we're now on a push to get the users to update their apps.

Thanks to @BGR for providing some information I could share with my TAC engineer.

Cheers

Roray

Roray, I have the issue with version 41.3.4.5

Hi @Karl Reischl, I've had to go back to TAC as we have also just got a new report in from a user and when we looked the call logs they were using 41.3.4.5. The other users in the meeting were using versions of 41.2 or 41.3 so according to what I had been told there should of been no issue present. Hopefully TAC can clarify why my users encountered it today. Will update again once I have a response from them.

I just noticed the bug is marked Fixed...not sure if that is important to your TAC case.  I didn't think it said fixed before. 

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvx51075

BGR
Spotlight
Spotlight

We had this problem after the 41.1 update. I started a TAC ticket on it and the bug was found - it will be fixed in the 41.4 update. It was also affecting annotation rights for us.

I have 41.3.4.5 and it is an issue.  I will add to the TAC case.

Thanks for the info  good to know its already in the process of being resolved

Hi @BGR you don't happen to have the bug ID that was assigned to it by any chance?

Regards

Roray

Hi Roray

We are seeing that each time the box is unticked, it is resolved by ticking the box and doesn't reoccur during that meeting.  

Like yourself we are not seeing it all the time, we had 9 sessions this morning and only had the issue on one of them.

We haven't been able to 'force' the issue to identify the trigger.

Thanks

David

Roray Stewart
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @DavidSatelle39761 we're seeing this issue as well but haven't been able to pinpoint the trigger as it doesn't appear to occur in every meeting from our attempts to replicate it. We've seen it since last week when our cluster was upgraded to the March release of Webex 41.3.

Cheers

Roray

We can manually replicate the behaviour by going to Participant menu > Assign Privileges > uncheck the Everyone box. We're now asking those that experience the issue to check to see if this has become unchecked or not. If it has next step will be to understand what the trigger is.

chat_everyone.png

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.