cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clicking on 'Accept' and 'Send Now' in an email Meeting invite makes the email of the sender disappear.

DeepakDas45513
Level 1
Level 1

Whenever I click on 'Accept' and 'Send Now' in an email Meeting invite the email disappears.  Its not even there in the 'Sent Mail'. I have this problem of finding the Meeting Link every time. The Meeting date and time is visible in the 'Calendar' but the Meeting Number and Password are not. There is also no 'Join Meeting' Link in the Calendar. Can CISCO please make Meeting Numbers and Passwords more visible and easy to find and use ?  Can someone please help educate me or help fix this issue? 

4 Replies 4

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@DeepakDas45513 

Every eMail-application I have ever used works the way you described:

Every meeting-invitation is just a special type of eMail-message.
Your eMail-application recognizes this and offers buttons to accept or decline this invitation. 
As soon as you click one of them, some things happen automatically:

If you decline the invitation, an eMail-message is sent to the host, telling his eMail-application
that you declined; he will see a summary of all answers in his meeting-status-info.
AND: the invitation-message is automatically moved from your Inbox to the trash.

If you accept the invitation, a positive message is sent to the host AND the contents of the invitation-message 
is copied/merged/converted to a new meeting-event-entry in your default-calendar - therefore the invitation-message will disappear from your Inbox.

All this is standard-behavior of email/groupware-applications like Outlook, Lotus/IBM/HCL Notes, etc.. in handling meeting-invitation - regardless of the type of meeting.

Thanks for your reply ! However, my problem is that the automatic copying or merging of the 'Accepted' Meeting invite information in the Calendar does NOT have the Meeting number or password nor a Join Meeting url. However, I now get  the url for join Meeting when I have configured my email in Outlook. When I use gmail in Chrome it does not give any information for joining in Google Calendar.    

Why can't the CISCO invite email remain, just as replies to normal emails appear as a trail to the original and don't automatically move to the Trash? I did not understand the logic of this functionality.

Is there any way I can save the Meeting information ? Grateful for your help ! 

@DeepakDas45513 

Since english is not my native language, my explanation may be a bit cumbersome - allow me to try again:

eMail-applications (gmail, Outlook, ...) can send and receive eMail-messages.
Long long ago, eMails had no formatting (italic, bold, colors etc..) but just plain text.
With the success of Webbrowsing the technology "HTML" gained popularity.

HTML makes it possible to send plain text - but with some "markers" in it that may say: "display the next word in bold" etc.
As soon as this HTML-feature was embedded into email-applications, we were able to send formatted messages with colors,
various fonts, embedded images etc.

But the contents of the messages is still only plain text - it´s just interpreted by the eMail-application and displayed accordingly.
To stay compatible with eMail-applications which are not capable to display HTML-formatted messages, it´s still common practise to additionally include the message in plain text-format.

Meeting-Invitations are very similar: they are just eMail-messages with a special formatting/hidden markers that help the eMail-application to understand "ah! this is a calendar-thing".
It´s obvious that this requires that the email-application "knows" that there is something like a calendar - either as part of the own feature-set or as a separate application. (e.g. on your smartphone you will very likely use 2 apps: one for emails, another for calendar.

The contents of an Invitation-message does not influence how your eMail-application handles such meeting-invitations.

It does not matter if it´s a "real life" meeting in room 123A , just a phone-call or a webex-meeting.

If your setup does not handle invitations properly by losing information this may be a software-/configuration-issue
or perhaps the host uses an invitation-template thats causing issues?

At home I am using an eMail-application called "eM Client" and even this lesser known application is
capable to handle webex-invitations properly = transferring all content from the invitation-message into a new calendar-item.

grafik.png

The fact that invitations disappear from the Inbox as soon as you responded to them is standard-behaviour for all eMail-Software and is not related to Cisco, Webex etc.

The issue that the contents of accepted invitation is not automatically transferred into the new calendar-event
is very likely caused by your setup - not by Cisco or Webex.

kind regards
Fritz

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'll move your thread over to the Webex User community, please make sure to post further questions there. 

https://community.cisco.com/t5/webex-user-community/ct-p/webex-user

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate