cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Display name does not update for others (Webex Windows App)

IA21
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

*Urgent help needed*

I have been using the webex app for a few months now and had no problem with my display name before. recently i had joined a course which required me to change my display name following a certain format.

After the course ended, i proceeded to change my display name back to my first and last name. However, the display name change does not update for others as it does for mine. It continues to show others my previous display name in our group meetings.

To note, I tried to change my display name from the Windows app, clicking my profile icon on the top left corner>Edit Profile>Display name. Same method used to change it initially.

Also to note, I have restarted the app and it shows my new display name on the profile, but not to other users

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

You will be signed out of the app but once you sign back in all Teams, Spaces and conversation history will be restored. Audio and camera settings along with and chosen theme will also be retained.

Note: this is to be done by those who aren't seeing your first and last name correctly.

Regards

Roray

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

sully213
Level 1
Level 1

How much time has passed since you made the display name change? It can take up to 72 hours for other users to see the change. They can force this update sooner by clearing the application's cache (resetting the database as @Roray Stewart suggested is another way of doing this). 

Here is one of the places I've seen this mentioned, but I know I've come across it a few times in my searching for things even if you're not using Azure AD as your IdP.

Roray Stewart
Spotlight
Spotlight

I came across this a while back when I was testing changing display name with a colleague. What we found was that they had to do a  database reset from within the app for my real name to display correctly again after I had changed back from the test name I'd used.

Click Profile Picture > Help > Health Checker > Reset (at the bottom next to Database status) > Yes

Regards

Roray

It says my database will be cleared. Does this mean I would also be kicked out of all my groups / spaces , and conversation history will be gone?

Thank you

You will be signed out of the app but once you sign back in all Teams, Spaces and conversation history will be restored. Audio and camera settings along with and chosen theme will also be retained.

Note: this is to be done by those who aren't seeing your first and last name correctly.

Regards

Roray

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.