cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to collapse the "people and spaces" sidebar in Webex Desktop app?

mcronjag
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Simple question: is there a way to collapse the "people and spaces" sidebar in the Webex (formerly Webex Teams) desktop app? Even when set to minimum width, it takes up an inordinate amount of screen real estate and I'd love to be able to get it out of the way when focusing on a single space.

Is it simply not possible at the moment, or is there some roundabout way of doing this that I haven't managed to figure out?

1 Accepted Solution

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

Interestingly, this option used to exist but it was removed a few months back. I don't think there's any way to collapse it in the latest versions. HOWEVER, you can "pop out" any space by double-clicking it in the space list. This will allow you to have a separate chat window and set it to whatever size you like,  or have multiple chat windows open at once.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

Interestingly, this option used to exist but it was removed a few months back. I don't think there's any way to collapse it in the latest versions. HOWEVER, you can "pop out" any space by double-clicking it in the space list. This will allow you to have a separate chat window and set it to whatever size you like,  or have multiple chat windows open at once.

That would explain it. I was sure i had done this before, but was beginning to believe I must have dreamt it. Thank you for helping me reassure myself that I'm not going mad.

Also, I guess the option of popping out chats (and then minimizing the main window) is a decent way to achieve my desired end-result which hadn't occurred to me, so thank you for that suggestion as well!