Views
Helpful
Replies

my voice start jerking when I start sharing screen

Azamcs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.. please help me,

I'm using Asus Zenbook i7 intel processor. I've a problem when I start sharing screen. My voice jerking. How to solve this problem?

3 Replies 3

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

When you are in the meeting and begin to experience this issue, go to the menu at the top right of your screen and open Help and then Health Checker.  Do the Audio/Video statistics option to see real-time activity.  Here's a link to a Troubleshooting document I created for our users that might help as well.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.d11.org/cms/lib/CO02201641/Centricity/Domain/4793/TroubleshootingWebexIssues.pdf 

Response Signature

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

A couple of things might be going on here…either something with your hardware or something with your connectivity.

Have you check your system task manager or resource manager to see if your CPU is pegged at 100% when you start to screenshare?

• You can try to close other apps or enabling hardware acceleration.
    StephanieKnoopePlus_0-1658095668946.png

Have you checked your Internet connection?  Are you sharing with others in the home?  When you are audio only, you use very little bandwidth, but when you screen share you are sending a lot of data, which can uncover underlying issues with your connection.  The bandwidth will be between 1 and 3 Mbps, typically, for a share.

Try running a media test (Firefox works best) https://mediatest.ciscospark.com/#/main.  This will identify if you are having any issues with speed, connectivity, latency, or packet loss.  At the end of the test, click the button to see detailed results.  You want delay less than 150 ms or so ideally, jitter below 30ms, and less than 1% loss (0 is the target as even 1% can cause some blips in audio).  Speed is usually not the problem unless you are in an area with poor Internet connectivity options.

StephanieKnoopePlus_1-1658095702916.png

Response Signature

Thanks for your reply. I've checked the task manager and run the mediatest. It seems that ok. No problem. However, when I'm using Webex and the same time I open another application such Firefox, Power point or share screen, the problem starts to happen. Participants can't hear my voice clearly. My voice is lagging. I'm using Asus Zenbook i7 processor and 8Gb memory. I still have SSD hard disk empty space 125Gb

Thanks.
Azam