cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Beep" notification when muting / unmuting

tony.green
Level 1
Level 1

When I mute/unmute myself in a WebX meeting, I hear a loud "beep".  1)  Does everyone else in the meeting hear this too?  2)  Is there a way to adjust the degree of volume or turn this off completely?

1 Accepted Solution

Andres Salgado
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tony, 

1) It is only a notification heard by the user that changes mute status, not everyone.

2) There is no setting to adjust the volume or disable the mute notification in a Webex meeting. You can vote for a toggle of mute/unmmute notification feature here https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-3608

Regards,

Andres

Response Signature

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Keang
Level 1
Level 1

2023.. still have this useless and noisy sound..

really thx = =

equatorheat
Level 1
Level 1

I had this annoying problem too. It was VERY VERY bothering when the host forgot (or did not know how) to turn off the "Participant > entry and exit tone" button. I sincerely wish for software improvements that all individual participants can decide whether or not they could hear the "entry and exist tone". Please, please, please release software updates for participants to mute the tone on their individual computers (which will not affect or overwrite the host's settings).

Sincerely,

An Annoyed physician

Andres Salgado
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tony, 

1) It is only a notification heard by the user that changes mute status, not everyone.

2) There is no setting to adjust the volume or disable the mute notification in a Webex meeting. You can vote for a toggle of mute/unmmute notification feature here https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-3608

Regards,

Andres

Response Signature

Please add an option to turn off the beep sound for mute/unmute.
The sound is annoying and even though it can't be heard by the other participants, it could be heard on the meeting record.
In addition, this issue is regularly brought to you since at least 2017. It shouldn't be that hard.

Change the noise to a lower tone, in audio and video.

Thanks

I can’t believe a worker doesn’t know, but answered anyways. I’ve heard a few others beep and I hate mine.  Google said you can under preference of entry and exit but I can’t find that. I hate how I don’t know what WebEx i am using, why are there two?? 

I went into audio and video, and changed the beep noise down to a soft quiet half melody.  Hope that helps, it’s as close as it gets.