cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"We can't reach the Webex service - Reconnecting..."

smdrywa1
Level 1
Level 1

We are seeing multiple users see this message when logging on in the morning.  The workaround at the moment is to have them do a Reset in Health Checker which clears the message, but it returns the following day.  At the moment this appears to be affecting users who are working over VPN.  

Can someone offer any insight into this?

WebEx service connection error.png

6 Replies 6

smdrywa1
Level 1
Level 1

I opened a TAC case and Cisco has informed me that this issue should be resolved with the next app release which according to them should be today, 4/4/23.  They make reference to the 'Offline - No network connection' error rather than the 'Reconnecting' error so my hope is that the release resolves both issues. 

Robert Casipit
Level 1
Level 1

I'm an admin and have Webex installed on personal machines/devices so anytime there's an issue with Webex on my  work computer, where I'm connected to my work network via VPN, I simply check the app on my personal computer. This is a quick way to determine if there's a problem with the Webex service or my company network.

ColeMaker8
Level 1
Level 1

We are also having this issue, which started late in February and has been continuing the past 3 weeks.
Symptoms are the same.  Each morning, user logs in with AnyConnect VPN 4.10 and Webex loads but cannot connect.  Using the Health Checker the Server Connection Service is Impacted. (see attached)

Some users have updated to the latest Webex release 43.3.x but issue is still occurring.

Our workaround is for the user to Sign Out and Sign back into Webex.  We can't sustain our users doing this daily.  It's not affecting all VPN users, either.  

Can't tell if this is a Webex app issue or VPN or a combination of both.

smdrywa1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have had more reports come in from other users and they are all working off our VPN.  They have the error each morning, so I do not think it is an issue with the service being down globally. We have also determined that the issue is occurring no matter what version of WebEx that the users have currently installed (41, 42, or 43).  The workaround is still to have users perform the Reset in Health Checker.

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

Any updates about that? We are facing same issue here