cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The new Webex app stealing my keyboard shortcut

PedroW
Level 1
Level 1

The new Webex application (aka Cisco Spark, process CiscoCollabHost.exe) is capturing Alt+Shift+S as a global keyboard shortcut. I use this shortcut in another application and it stopped working there because Webex captures it first. I did not find what the purpose of this keyboard shortcut is in webex/spark and how to turn it off.
Thanks for any help

23 Replies 23

The solution seems to be version: 43.3.0.25468 (current GA). We also had the problem (shortcuts trigger Webex even when not in focus) in 43.1. and 43.2, but with 43.3 the shortcuts for Webex only work when Webex is in focus.

So yes, the shortcuts work only when Webex is in focus but ... the global shortcuts are still tied to it, with no way to change it. A global CTRL+D for example is somehow tied to CiscoCollabHost.exe launcher and there is no way to bypass to change that.

marekhajduczenia_0-1707056849588.png

It is conflicting directly with another app that needs that shortcut. Are we seriously adding hard coded global shortcuts with the app? Come one, Cisco team, you can do better.

As long as the product is under warranty, get your money back while there is still time.
Buy another product that simply works.