cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tooling to test Webex UDP Connectivity

shockocisco
Level 1
Level 1

We are looking to optimize the Webex desktop application traffic for audio/video across our estate. To date to test that this is working I use the the web tool Cisco Webex Network Test (ciscospark.com) and ensure that the UDP tests pass. That said, I have over 100 subnets to test this against. Is there any CLI tool I can use to automate this? The cscan tool seems to work in browser 

4 Replies 4

mparra.fusionet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Shockocisco,

AFAIK, there is nothing commercially out there that can do what you want, I know that is not an answer but maybe it will lead to some creative work to do what you want, there are 2 approaches I see for this, but neither is exactly simple, because you will need help (either to access the PC remotely via wmi or somebody to run a custom program centrally for all the PCs):

1- Ansible playbook that remotely to run commands to all the PCs to trigger a .exe that triggers a browser to be opened and your testing to be dropped in a single remote folder. (Challenges, WMI access to all the PCs where that will run the .exe file that conducts the testing)

2- A step simpler, if all the PCs are managed by the same AD domain, you can drop the .exe file that triggers the testing and sends it to a folder so you have all the reports (you could go further to have that .exe program to look at the report generated by the scan website to not have to look manually at the test)

3- Thousand Eyes probe software can be installed on a PC on each subnet and have them run a test, not as practical but people who have Thousand eyes do that, because it is the simplest way of testing.

Not exactly a direct answer because there is a concrete one that I am aware of, but a few starting points to work on if what you are trying to do is worth the effort.

Igor Lukic
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @shockocisco,

have you considered looking at ThousandEyes? ThousandEyes can use a mix of cloud, enterprise and endpoint agents (PC / VC system) to test and monitor Webex conenctivity and quality.

Please refer to Webex Monitoring (thousandeyes.com) for more details.

ThousandEyes ist not a CLI-based tool, but it can do a lot.

Best regards

Igor

WBXAdmin
Level 1
Level 1

It might be worthwhile to have your network team ensure the corporate firewall allows all Webex egress-ingress traffic by creating rules based on Webex network requirements: https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/WBX000028782/Network-Requirements-for-Webex-Services#id_134132

yes but that's not really an answer to this thread.