cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Ex Desktop App

VicLDSR
Level 1
Level 1

Several months ago my organization switched from GTM to WebEx.  When using the desktop app, as soon as I hit the SHARE button to share my screen, the desktop app freezes my ENTIRE computer.   I cant even get to Task Manager to shut down the Web Ex desktop app and my only option is to force a shut down on my laptop.  We need the desktop app to share computer audio which I dont think the web version does.   Any ideas?  If not, we may need to go back to GTM for at least they are the devil we know.   Win 10, 16GB memory and plenty of storage.  See screen grab. 

VicLDSR_0-1691851809894.png

2 Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Obviously that’s not normal.

Are you running the current build? I believe they delayed the August release by a week so the July builds (43.7.n) are still current.

Only on your machine or are multiple users reporting? If multiple, in similarities (eg video/sound card)? Latest drivers installed?

Less common but not unheard of: any change in behavior if you pause/suspend the anti-malware agent of whatever vendor you’re using? 
Those are just a few ideas. This probably warrants a TAC case though.

View solution in original post

New build did it.  Automatic Updates was on so was 10 or so builds behind.  Guess Cisco pushing down updates got behind.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Obviously that’s not normal.

Are you running the current build? I believe they delayed the August release by a week so the July builds (43.7.n) are still current.

Only on your machine or are multiple users reporting? If multiple, in similarities (eg video/sound card)? Latest drivers installed?

Less common but not unheard of: any change in behavior if you pause/suspend the anti-malware agent of whatever vendor you’re using? 
Those are just a few ideas. This probably warrants a TAC case though.

Thanks.  On 43.5.x.xxxx (May 30) but will try to reinstall first. Thanks!  If it doesn't solve, will suspend the virus protection.  Regardless will advise.  

New build did it.  Automatic Updates was on so was 10 or so builds behind.  Guess Cisco pushing down updates got behind.  Thanks!