cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex app will not install - says No Internet Connection

bc907
Level 1
Level 1

I need to install the Webex Desktop app for a training course.

I went to the Downloads page at https://www.webex.com/downloads.html and selected the Windows 64-bit option for my 64-bit Windows machine which downloaded a webex.exe file. I run the exe and it immediately gives me an error "No Internet Connection check your internet connection and try downloading Webex again". I obviously have an internet connection as it was required to download the executable. What gives? I have tried this on 4 different computers, same result. 

1 Accepted Solution

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe the normal EXE is just a stub that then downloads and launches the full installer. That may be tripped up by security software agent(s) on your machine or the local network (eg URL inspection / filtering solutions). You can try downloading the full MSI from the admin-focused page.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

TJSPOHN
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue I was able to download and install the MSI but when I go to login it say FAILED TO CONNECT TO SERVER  I had scrubbed everything I can find to remove the old client ect ect but cannot get to login.

bc907
Level 1
Level 1

The link you shared to the full MSI download on the admin-focused page worked wonderfully, thank you!

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe the normal EXE is just a stub that then downloads and launches the full installer. That may be tripped up by security software agent(s) on your machine or the local network (eg URL inspection / filtering solutions). You can try downloading the full MSI from the admin-focused page.

Hi Jonathan, 

Thanks for your help. Your solution helped me to solve my problem. I installed the .msi version and it fixed the problem.