cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex application filters ctrl-shift-m, preventing other app use

michael.thome
Level 1
Level 1

Since a recent windows webex update, several other applications have stopped being able to use the ctrl-shift-m keystroke, even when obvious webex windows are not open.   Using task manager to kill webex applications running in the background returns the keystroke to functionality.  I've not discovered any other keystrokes that webex is filtering, but there certainly may be others.

I've done a clean uninstall using the CiscoWebexRemoveTool and reinstall with the current package (Version 41.10.0.20280, Revision number {79073E37-5756-438B-935C-A65F0F4A8000}) with no effect.

The page https://help.webex.com/en-US/article/7wr87q/Webex-%7C-Keyboard-Navigation-and-Shortcuts says that ctrl+shift+m is used to "turn music mode on/off" but that it is not "global".

1. This seems like this is a clear bug with ctrl-shift-m specifically as it appears to kick in only after a meeting but isn't disabled when the meeting has ended.

2. I would like to disable webex keyboard shortcuts generally (and this one specifically) but there isn't an obvious preference/setting option to do so.

3. webex should certainly not be filtering commonly used keystrokes, at least not by default, when it is not the focus as it prevents proper operation of other applications.

1 Reply 1

We were having the same issue in Outlook and in one of our other applications - Tyler Eagle Recorder.  If I kill the WebEx process, the shortcut works in both.  I've updated my Webex client to 41.11.5.8.  Still testing, but it after the update, the shortcut still seems to be working in both applications.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.