cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex controls in the way when screensharing

heuveb
Level 1
Level 1

I have used WebEx for my classes this semester with great success. Thank you!  However, there is one very annoying issue that I keep running into: when I share my screen, I get the WebEx controls at the very top of my Desktop, and they often cover up the controls of the windows that I am trying to show. Could the WebEx controls maybe go on a different part of the screen ... or maybe have them be in a floating window?

Thank you!

3 Replies 3

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @heuveb 

This is VERY annoying! I urge to vote for https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-1320

Note that a VERY BLUNT instrument, you can press <Command+Option+Shift+H> or <Ctrl+Alt+Shift+H> to HIDE EVERYTHING - including the particpant list, chat and other windows that you have sitting on another screen, and when you press <Command+Option+Shift+H> or <Ctrl+Alt+Shift+H> the action is not instantaneous - there is a confirmation box that pops up SOMEWHERE - in my case typicially out of sight on another screen somewhere so you have to flick through spaces till you find it.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

I've experienced this too. It would be nice to have those controls show else where. Not hid them since I'm often monitoring the participant list or chat. It would be nice to have those windows automatically pop-up on the screen not in use or at least not be visible to the participants when you're hosting.

Aha! So I am not the only one ... I wouldn't think so given how annoying this is. I am glad you put in that proposal and I'll definitely support it!