Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Meeting (In-Meeting) chat in Webex App

bmedina23
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All, 

With the upgrade from Cisco Webex Meetings Desktop to Webex App, users have been reporting that they don't see the In-Meeting chat (Chat panel) feature as well as the Request Control when someone is sharing the screen. 

Do you know if this is something related to the Webex App not having that features or could it be a configuration issue?

Thanks a lot for the advice. 

4 Replies 4

jjandrade
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem here.

Hello, 
I opened a Case with Cisco TAC, it turns out that as @Jonathan Schulenberg mentioned the cross-launch was not applied properly in my organization. Cisco enabled the cross-launch in the backend and now we have full Webex Meeting features when we use the Webex App. 

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

One other thing to clarify: when you join a meeting from the Webex app do you see a second icon in your task bar with the Webex Meetings icon (camera in the lower-right corner)? There is a massive backend migration happening. Most customers have not seen the fruit of that labor yet; the legacy Meetings app binary was shoved inside the new app and simply cross-launches when you click Join. As customers are migrated to the new backend that will fall away and the new Webex app binary will join the meeting instead. Some customers opted in to migrate early (there are a long list of advantages, some appealing enough to accept short term feature limitations). I believe Cisco also moved a bunch of the tiny accounts that signed up on Webex.com with a credit card.

Follow @Kathy N.‘s guidance if you’re app is cross-launching. If not, hold tight; both features are in beta now and, baring major defects, should release this month or next.

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

This should be available but can be disabled when scheduling or by the host.  Check that the template that is used by the host when scheduling the meeting doesn't have this disabled as well as have the host check the attendee permissions in the meeting.  Here's some additional information on how to check the attendee chat permissions.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/WBX9000035443/How-Do-I-Disable-the-Chat-Panel-in-Webex-Meetings? 

The request control of the mouse during a presentation is also a setting when scheduling meetings in the Attendee Privileges section.

AttendeePrivilegesSettingsWhenSchedulingMtgs.PNG

Response Signature