cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Meeting - No Windows Sounds While In Meeting

Technician78383
Level 1
Level 1

I work in a Call Center and due to the recent social climate, we find most of our staff working from home these days. Many of our leadership use WebEx to collaborate and share call audio during meetings. I have one individual that does not have the ability to hear any audio they share. As an example, we will use a web based platform to stream a recorded call. All of my other users have no issues streaming this audio while in a WebEx meeting, whether host or not, and all users including the party streaming has the ability to hear the audio. When this particular user streams the audio, everyone but the person streaming can hear it. I have also noticed that when the user is in any WebEx meeting the user cannot hear any other Windows sounds with the exception of Finesse and Jabber. I have checked all Settings that I can think of, and audio works as expected in all other scenarios. 

1 Accepted Solution

kubn2
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,
Webex meetings have this weirdness and sometimes you need to call in for audio. You just need to click on the audio icon and click "call in" or something like that after that your sound will be connected. Maybe others doesn't have a problem because they using Webext Teams which doesn't have this "feature".

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

YPhillips2
Level 1
Level 1

I am using "computer audio" when I connect to Webex meetings.  As soon as I start the meeting, all windows notifications appear, but the sounds for those notifications are muted.  I also cannot hear sounds from other applications that I am running concurrently.  Is there a way to change this?  I've reviewed my pc sound settings, my headset sound settings as well as the Webex sound settings and cannot seem to fix this issue.  I would like to hear sounds from all applications while in a webex meeting and manage the sound for each application using the "App volume and device preferences" menu in windows when I need to focus on a specific application.

kubn2
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,
Webex meetings have this weirdness and sometimes you need to call in for audio. You just need to click on the audio icon and click "call in" or something like that after that your sound will be connected. Maybe others doesn't have a problem because they using Webext Teams which doesn't have this "feature".

Thank you for the quick reply. I will test this setting next time the user is available and report the results.