Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebView2 deployment for Webex App

Hi !

I would like to know if the WebView2 control developed by Microsoft, which in the future will be an obligatory requirement to display web content in Webex, is already a requirement for the updates from Webex Meetings App to Webex App  assigned to the April cohort. The organization I work for has that date assigned and since I know that this control requires administrator rights for its installation, I would like to know if it is necessary to make a massive deployment of WebView2. In such a case I must coordinate with Windows server administrators to prepare the deployment in these next few days.

Thanks for the answers in advance !

3 Accepted Solutions

nstankus
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @EnriqueBalestrino53488 -- from the Webex App perspective, WebView2 will not be required until June (42.6), so it should not affect the Webex Meetings-to-Webex migration that happens earlier.

View solution in original post

Hi @Cole Callahan ! 

Thanks for the reply and for the information. I was worried about the April update. I Therefore  will have more time to the WebView2 deployment.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

nstankus
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @EnriqueBalestrino53488 -- from the Webex App perspective, WebView2 will not be required until June (42.6), so it should not affect the Webex Meetings-to-Webex migration that happens earlier.

Thank you @nstankus !!!

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @EnriqueBalestrino53488 , 

One of my colleagues just posted about this in the community. Here is the announcement post https://community.cisco.com/t5/webex-administration/webview2-requirement/td-p/4576492/jump-to/first-unread-message

Response Signature

Hi @Cole Callahan ! 

Thanks for the reply and for the information. I was worried about the April update. I Therefore  will have more time to the WebView2 deployment.