Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebView2 deployment for Webex App

Hi !

I would like to know if the WebView2 control developed by Microsoft, which in the future will be an obligatory requirement to display web content in Webex, is already a requirement for the updates from Webex Meetings App to Webex App  assigned to the April cohort. The organization I work for has that date assigned and since I know that this control requires administrator rights for its installation, I would like to know if it is necessary to make a massive deployment of WebView2. In such a case I must coordinate with Windows server administrators to prepare the deployment in these next few days.

Thanks for the answers in advance !

3 Accepted Solutions

nstankus
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @EnriqueBalestrino53488 -- from the Webex App perspective, WebView2 will not be required until June (42.6), so it should not affect the Webex Meetings-to-Webex migration that happens earlier.

View solution in original post

Hi @Cole Callahan ! 

Thanks for the reply and for the information. I was worried about the April update. I Therefore  will have more time to the WebView2 deployment.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

nstankus
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @EnriqueBalestrino53488 -- from the Webex App perspective, WebView2 will not be required until June (42.6), so it should not affect the Webex Meetings-to-Webex migration that happens earlier.

Thank you @nstankus !!!

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @EnriqueBalestrino53488 , 

One of my colleagues just posted about this in the community. Here is the announcement post https://community.cisco.com/t5/webex-administration/webview2-requirement/td-p/4576492/jump-to/first-unread-message

Response Signature

Hi @Cole Callahan ! 

Thanks for the reply and for the information. I was worried about the April update. I Therefore  will have more time to the WebView2 deployment.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.

Recognize Your Peers