cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wrong name tag, no picture

AgentO
Level 1
Level 1

My colleague's initials are displayed incorrectly in the webex profile. The first name starts with "S", the last name with "R", but "SS" is displayed. In addition, she has stored a picture in her profile, which is displayed for her but not for the other colleagues. What can we do?

Bildschirmfoto 2022-08-09 um 09.07.13.png

9 Replies 9

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
The initials come from the first name and last name fields in control hub, not from the email alias or from the display name. Do you have first and last names populated?

Also, did you try changing something about the user name and then changing it back? Note that when you do this, the cache in other colleague's Webex app needs to update. Users can force an update be hovering over the avatar of the contact for a moment. It should not take long to propagate, however.

Response Signature

What do you mean with "control hub"? 

Yes, I've changed the username to another, saved and changed it again. Nothing has happened. When I hover over the avatar, the correct image appears, but only then. When I move the mouse away, no avatar is shown again and the wrong letter shortcuts.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-08-09 um 16.21.06.png

I also shut down and restarted my webex. No change.

Control hub is the administrative interface for all the accounts in an organization.  Do you and all your colleagues have free accounts by chance?  Control hub is for enterprise plans: admin.webex.com.  Here your users will have first name and last name attributes.

Either way, the avatar change should show up if a colleague updates the image.  Try to reset your Webex database.  This will revert all settings to default, but will also clear out the cache for profile resolution in case there is an issue there.  You can do this in Help > Health Checker > Reset (at the bottom).

Response Signature

PiyushC
Level 1
Level 1

In this case mostly wrong display name appears on video endpoints. is it impacting to endpoints or application users ?

Video endpoints??

I was also facing same issue. Webex application users were able to see correct name but users who joined via Webex Kit were getting old name. 

Everyone in the company has the same webex-app.

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

Did you look at the profile settings of the user account in Control Hub?

Yes, everything is fine. The name is correct.