cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Icon constantly flashes/blinks orange in the taskbar when not "focussed on"

eric_
Level 1
Level 1

How can I turn off the notification feature of the webex applications (teams & meetings) as it very annoying/distracting? Attached you can find a screen capture :) Best regards Eric

9 Replies 9

there is a proposal to have an option to disable the blinking icon, please consider checking it out.
link 

SWF

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
My first suggestion would be to go into your preferences > notifications and deselect the option for meeting notifications. Secondly, I would uncheck the option to Auto discover video systems under Video Systems. These are generally the two areas that active activity are generated from the app.

Thank you Mike, unfortunately the issue persists after applying your recommendations. I would be more than happy to try out other options as well. Let me know what you think :) Best regards Eric.

Are you in a webex at the time of these notifications?
If so, these can be the result of having focus elsewhere and someone taking an action, like a chat message or Q&A, in the meeting.

Yes that is the case. I hope there is still a way to deactivate this feature. When joining webinars, with a huge number of participants, having the meeting on one screen and writing notes on the the second screen the flashing orange is really disturbing. Thank you for your support!

I dont think this is something that is able to be modified. Its basically the built in activity indication designed to get your attention when the client detects its out of focus.

I understand that this can be useful in some case, but there should also be the possibility to disable this feature. There are situation in which it is not necessary or useful to have the client windows in focus, for example if i'm taking notes during a presentation or following some slides on my own. It is particularly frustrating when the windows taskbar is set to auto-hide. Each time the icon flashes the taskbar raises and stays up until you click on webex again, covering parts of the the open window

SWF

My webex stopped working on my mac.. It crashes now every time I turn the camera on. I have to use a family members windows machine and I absolutely loath the flashing icon... I have to take exams while they watch us on the camera and this icon in flashing in my face the whole time. The flashing icon is ruining my life... I tried to edit the registry with no success! Please add the option TO DISABLE THIS FUNCTION! 

Hi Mike, thanks for the clarification. I've had this problem as well. In practice, the behavior on Windows during large meetings or webinars is that the blinking animation will not stop unless the user has focus on the WebEx window at all times. In addition, there is no option to pause, stop, or hide the animation, nor is there any mechanism to control the frequency of notifications. Is this behavior really as designed?