Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration from Aruba to Cisco

JMG2020
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I am migrating the Aruba WLC's to Cisco 3504 in an office.

The users connect to XYZ SSID, once i migrate the controller and AP's to Cisco and the Cisco AP's broadcast the same SSID will the user PC automatically connect or they have to connect manually ?

How do i make sure they do not have to connect manually ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- As you are already saying this will more depend on the client-platform/os/wireless-environment then on your new Cisco based wireless infrastructure, it all depends on how 'comfortable' the client feels for auto-connect or not also depending on the offered auth-parameters by the Cisco based SSID.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Hard to say without understanding your migration and what you are going to do and when. As long as the SSID’s have been tested and is working then you will see a glitch. It’s best to disable the SSID’s for a few seconds and then enable the SSID’s on the new controller if you have both up. If you are dealing aps, well roaming will break. So depending on how you are migrating.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

okay.. I have tested the SSID on Cisco

I will be shutting down the Aruba controllers completely which will disable all the Aruba AP's 

so once i have only Cisco controller and Cisco AP's broadcasting the same SSID which Aruba used to broadcast a day before.. and the user come to office and turn on their laptop will they have to manually click on connect on the SSID to connect (considering they were connected a day before with the same SSID but using Aruba)... {assuming everything 802.1x authentication and all other parameters are already tested on the Cisco before migration}

- As you are already saying this will more depend on the client-platform/os/wireless-environment then on your new Cisco based wireless infrastructure, it all depends on how 'comfortable' the client feels for auto-connect or not also depending on the offered auth-parameters by the Cisco based SSID.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card