Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two types of wifi authentication on 871w

Hi.

I have a small wireless network, which consists of three AP1121G with c1100-k9w7-mx.123-8.JEB1 ios and one 871w with c870-advipservicesk9-mz.124-24.T1.  I've configured two different ssid's with individual authorisation types - ssid_1 with eap, ssid_2 with wpa. All three ap's works as it should be, but 871w authorises only eap connections, and all other types are rejected

What can cause this problem and is there any way to fix it?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sorry, can you give an example of what you mean by "but 871w authorises only eap connections, and all other types are rejected"

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

When i'm connecting to SSID_1 network with eap my login/password is successfully accepted, but when i'm trying to connect to SSID_2 my wpa key is rejected like i'm entering it wrong. And all i have in logs is "%DOT11-7-AUTH_FAILED: Station Authentication failed".

Is there any debug command, that can show me what am i sending and why it is  rejected?

Can you connect to SSID_2 at all ? Have you ever connected to SSID_2 with the PSK ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________