Helpful
Replies

WLC Load Profile Failure

Fuzzy Logic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Any ideas on the issue below would be much appreciated:

5508 WLC v7.6 code, with 4x 3702i AP's attached, 10>15 Wireless clients average on x2 of the AP's (the Cisco stats say these AP's should handle 128 clients if pushed to their max), the other 2x AP's have 5x clients average, aggressive load balancing is not enabled. All other setting on this controller are what I would expect, as it is a newish install.

The issue, "Load Profile Failure" being reported by the WLC and Prime for the 2x AP's with the highest load (10>15), and wireless clients randomly having issues connecting. The AP's in question are also currently displaying as yellow in Prime, because of a minor warning due to the Load Profile Issue. I could understand this warning/behaviour if Aggressive LB was enabled, but strangely it is not.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Freerk Terpstra
Level 7
Level 7

That load message is being generated by the WLC based on the settings found under "Wireless -> 802.11a/n/ac > RRM > General" and "Wireless -> 802.11b/g/n > RRM > General". The default setting for the client load is 12 clients per access-point radio which is quite low. If you higher those values the messages and the yellow icons in Prime will disappear.

You say that all the other settings are kind of "default", but I hope that you did tune the data rates and the other "basic" settings? Also make sure that you run 7.6.130 and the latest FUS.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Freerk Terpstra
Level 7
Level 7

That load message is being generated by the WLC based on the settings found under "Wireless -> 802.11a/n/ac > RRM > General" and "Wireless -> 802.11b/g/n > RRM > General". The default setting for the client load is 12 clients per access-point radio which is quite low. If you higher those values the messages and the yellow icons in Prime will disappear.

You say that all the other settings are kind of "default", but I hope that you did tune the data rates and the other "basic" settings? Also make sure that you run 7.6.130 and the latest FUS.

Thanks for you help with this Freerk, it all makes sense now, that said the clients having issues connecting must lie elsewhere. Further investigation required I think. 

Regarding defaults, I have basically inherited this WLC and it was installed another company, so by default I should of noted it looks to be setup the same as other WLC I have worked on. I will though, as you mentioned check the data rates, OS and FUS. 

I have the same issue, were you able to resolve the itermitent connectivty issue?

we also face latency and packet drops as well.... avg clinets are below 30 per AP.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card