Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
gimp
Level 1
Level 1

I have the problem with a AP 1310 and the network camera sony WiFi for videosorveglianza.

The problem is that the radio of sony camera, goes down when the images is send to NAS in local area network.

The link is in line of sight and the wifi signal is very strong (about -55db).

The log are

Jun 11 13:26:17.198: %DOT11-6-DISASSOC: Interface Dot11Radio0, Deauthenticating

Station 0001.4a5b.3fe1 Reason: Previous authentication no longer valid

Thank for the help.

Comments
chaseadam
Level 1
Level 1

I can confirm what I believe is a similar issue with a Sony RX100M3 and the 3700 (3702i) access point

Jan 9 17:44:54.330: %DOT11-4-MAXRETRIES: Packet to client fcc2.defd.XXXX reached max retries, removing the client
Jan 9 17:44:54.330: %DOT11-6-DISASSOC: Interface Dot11Radio0, Deauthenticating Station fcc2.defd.XXXX Reason: Previous authentication no longer valid
Jan 9 17:44:54.330: (0000.0000.0000): dot11_driver: Dot11Radio0: Going to delete client with Reason code: 12
Jan 9 17:44:54.334: %DOT11-4-MAXRETRIES: Packet to client fcc2.defd.XXXX reached max retries, removing the client

It appears to drop off the network when transferring files (after a bit of traffic).

Camera shows “Disconnected from the network.”

I was able to list folders without issue (although it is about 50% slower than a non-cisco AP).

I have tried the following, but still experience the failure:

* 'open' with no WPA

* network with only one AP advertising the SSID (vs multiple APs)

* disable short preamble

* disable short time slot

* limit AP radio rate to `54.0` (the transfers got further with this, but still locked up)

I am using mbssid and have not tried without it at the moment.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Just as likely that that could be a problem with the camera - need over the air packet capture to see exactly what's happening/going wrong.

Sounds like you've already started on the right approach to disable features - but could be more you need to look at.

Also what version of software was this seen on?  Have you tried the latest release?

chaseadam
Level 1
Level 1

I am on latest version of camera firmware (2.0) and of the Aironet 3702 ap3g2-k9w7-mx.153-3.JPK2

Though I have only seen this behavior when used with the Aironet 3702, a bit of poking around the debugging output on the Aironet indicates this is an issue with the camera's wifi and/or network stack. Specifically, there are no abnormal radio messages or stats until the camera completely drops off. While "in between" "connected and working" and disconnected states, the camera fails to respond to ICMP echo requests and ARP requests, but tcpdump on the receiving computer shows the occasional ptp port traffic from the ip address.

chaseadam
Level 1
Level 1

@Rich Ris there a recommended procedure for packet capture on an autonomous access point?

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Not that I'm aware of.  You'll need to use a third party tool for that - for example https://www.netally.com/products/aircheck/ which I find very handy.  You may also find cheaper options or do it yourself with a suitable laptop, wireless adapter and Wireshark.

chaseadam
Level 1
Level 1

Seems there may be some environmental or external contributing factor.

I was unable to reproduce the issue in

* another building with identical config and hardware

* if the camera is within 3 feet of the AP

I am still seeing the disconnect issue after relocated the functional AP (from the other building) to the location of the AP experiencing the disconnect behavior

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Yes that sounds like interference then.

Look for obvious sources:

- Microwaves

- Motion sensors using radar (for lighting and/or security) - we've seen this a few times

- Faulty fluorescent lights

- Bluetooth

- DECT phones

- Video point to point sending units 

- Wireless microphone systems

- Channel saturation from neighbouring WiFi networks (I saw a customer where their neighbour had 2.4 channels 1, 6 & 11 all running at 90%+ on full power which just killed their network)

- A neighbour has activated containment (eg Meraki) without understanding impact/legality.

and dozens of other possible sources I haven't thought of.

And it could even be on the road outside your building.  Red-light and speed cameras using radar are/were quite popular in the UK and having one of those pointing at your building from the road outside could cause havoc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: