Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime managing guest accounts in 2 locations

ahmed-ejaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a Cisco WLC 5508 HA pair in one building and a standalone controller in another location in DC, same model Cisco WLC 5508. Both locations can communicate with each other without any problem and Access points are connected and working no problem.

Also there is a Cisco Prime server in the first location where both the HA pair and the standalone Wireless controllers are added into successfully. There are some lobby ambassador accounts created in Prime who can create guest login accounts.

The problem is that, when I click on any of the lobby ambassador account audit trial, I see only the guest accounts created on the WLC HA pair and not on the standalone controller in DC.

Please advise.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should have issues as long as the code is the same and compatible.  I would verify that the other 5508 is sync'd and that the lobby ambassador settings allow for that to be added to the other 5508. Seems like a setting in Prime that is missing especially if you can manually push a template to the 5508 or even have visibility to the 5508.  Check the virtual domain setting if that is being used also. 

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts ***

-Scott

The code is same and compatible. Basically the controller in DC is a standalone controller where as the controller in primary location is a HA pair (same model configured in SSO).

The HA pair and the standalone controller in DC are all added into Prime and I can manage them through Prime without any problem.

I found the solution myself. Basically while creating the guest account, the lobby ambassador has to choose "Controller List" and select both the controllers instead of choosing a Floor map. This will force the guest logins to be pushed to both the controllers.

Thank you.

Well there you go.. not really an issue with PI or the compatibility with code, just training the users what they need to do.  Glad you solved your own question!

-Scott

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card