Views
Helpful
Replies

Dynamic VLAN Assignment with Web-Auth

baby_yoda
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have configured dynamic VLAN assignment on a 5520 WLC using RADIUS authentication with a Microsoft NPS. This works perfectly with Layer 2 802.1x. configured on a WLAN.

Can I configure AAA override to work when using Layer 3 web authentication? I essentially want the WLAN to try for local authentication and then try radius. The authentication works as I would expect but the VLAN does not get assigned. When I think about it being layer 3, I'm assuming the client will already be in the network of the WLAN interface, therefor an ACL would be a better way to handle this?

I am a mere CCNA R&S, so any help would be massively appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Dynamic VLAN assignment does not work for web authentication from a WLC. So you need to find a way ?

ACL - depends on requirement here.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Dynamic VLAN assignment does not work for web authentication from a WLC. So you need to find a way ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

@balaji.bandi wrote:

Happy with that, I suspected it wouldn't I just wanted to know for sure!

Thanks @balaji.bandi 

This could be something to look forward to. On the Catalyst 9800 IOS-XE 17.1 release, VLAN Override on Layer 3 Web Authentication is available.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/17-1/config-guide/b_wl_17_11_cg/wlan-security.html#id_109551

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: