Views
Helpful
Replies

PI 3.8 on vmware

nstr1
Level 1
Level 1

I want to install PI 3.8 (express), and in the requirements, it says this;

Requirement             Express                                Express-Plus            Standard                  Professional
VMware                    Version ESXi 6.0, 6.5, or 6.7 ESXi 6.0, 6.5, or 6.7 ESXi 6.0, 6.5, or 6.7 ESXi 6.0, 6.5, or 6.7
Virtual CPUs1           4                                          8                              16                            16
Memory (DRAM)      12 GB                                   16 GB                      16 GB                       24 GB
HDD Size                 300 GB                                 600 GB                    900 GB                    1.2 TB
Throughput

(Disk IOPS)             200 MB/s                               200 MB/s               200 MB/s                  320 MB/s
Minimum CPU

Speed                    2.29 GHz                                2.29 GHz                2.29 GHz                  2.29 GHz

But when I install it, there is a part that requires 2.1 TB and my disk does not have enough space. (add screen disk).

I also tried installing PI (express plus) and it is the same case for the disk, this required 2.1 TB.

Is this correct or why don't you just use the 300gb for a PI (express) ????

3 Replies 3

Grendizer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i’ve done this with the same version in my lab and didn’t have problem, suggestion: can you check the MD5 hash for the image you downloaded. You can use the free program HashCalc for that.

I tryded also install PI in a lab but no showed this.

Tried to turn on the PI in the vMware and shows this:

Ignition errors.

"Insufficient resources to satisfy the configured failover level for vSphere HA."

Then i think that could be the vMware (but i don´t know).

But i will try your recommendation about the hash MD5.

Nicolas Poirier
Level 4
Level 4

The error message you get is from the VMWare side. It's telling you that you don't have sufficient ressource on the other ESX host(s) of your VMWare deployment to run the PI VM if the current ESX host crash.

I am not a VMWare expert, but if HA is not needed for this VM, maybe you can disable the HA policy for this particular VM.
If HA is needed, then you need to make sure you have enough ressource on your ESX cluster to run all VMs if one of the server crash.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card