cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 541n clustered with different RADIUS servers

grantscheffert
Level 1
Level 1

I have 4 Cisco AP541N access points in a a cluster, and everything has been working great.  We have been directed by our parent company to change our wireless to utilize RADIUS authentication with our wireless.  I have been able to take an AP541N as a standalone (not clustered) and configure it to their standards, configure the 2 RADIUS servers they use with the RADIUS keys I was given for this access point, and everything works great with it.  I was able to get them to setup their RADIUS server (which I have no access to) to allow authentication from the 3 other access points now, but they all have different RADIUS keys.  I'm finding that when they are clustered they all seem to share the same RADIUS key, but I need them to have different ones.

So the question is, can I cluster 4 AP541N access points together, but allow each one to have it's own unique RADIUS key?

If not, then I think I'll either need to get the RADIUS admins to make them all the same key (which is not likely), or I'll have to uncluster them.  But, I guess unclustering them is not the end of the world...

Thanks,

Grant

1 Reply 1

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Grant, you're correct, in cluster, everything is 100% exactly the same, if a change is made to one unit, the change is to all units

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/