cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP541N Connectivity and Web Management Issues

jayblodg22
Level 1
Level 1

In my office, we have two AP541n APs that were clustered togehter.  They are powered using PoE.  The other day I discovered one of them wasn't working properly.  I couldn't log into it from the web interface so I unplugged it and plugged it back in from the PoE switch.  That didn't help.  Since then I have taken it off the network and have tried to reset it and I still can't access it.  I've tried connecting to it from the default IP, which according to the admin guide is 192.168.10.10, and that doesn't work.  I have tried using Telnet and SSH to connect to it using the default IP and the static IP we had set for it.  I have set up a little linksys router and plugged the AP and a laptop into it in hopes it might get DHCP, but that hasn't worked either.  I have also noticed the WLAN 2.4G and WLAN 5G lights are not coming on.  The PWR, SPEED, and LAN lights all come on.  The DIAG light comes on when it's furst plugged in and then turns off.  Right now it is not plugged into PoE so that light is off too.  We had both APs plugged into an ESW-520 that was plugged into a UC560 which had recently been updated to the latest firmware: 8.6.1.

The short story is I don't have any connectivity to my AP541n, even after being reset. No wireless, no Web GUI, no ping, nothing.  Has this thing become a large paperweight?  I've attached a picture showing the lights that are on if that helps any.

I would really apprecaite any assistance.

Thanks,

Jason

2 Replies 2

habtamuassefa
Level 1
Level 1

If you haven't tried it yet, try this.

• Bring the AP
  • Re-set it
  • directly connect it to your laptop(not after switch)
  • then try to open the web interface using the default IP.After that configure it as you wish and take it back to its old place.

And one last thing, I know you don't forget but remember to set your laptop's IP to the same subnet mask as that of the default AP IP address.

That is what I usually do.

Or if you are using windows server look for it under IP lease. You will get its IP address.

Hope this will help.

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately that didn't work.  I have the AP sitting on my desk and I had a machine plugged directly into it just like you described.  I held down the reset button for over 10 seconds so it would factory reset and I have also held it down for much longer to see if that would help at all too.

I used the admin guide and set the PC to ip 192.168.10.250 and tried to access the AP at 192.168.10.10.  The subnet mask was set to 255.255.255.0.  I get the following message when using Firefox:

I also get a similar message when using Chrome.

IE doesn't seem to do much.

Any other suggestions?