cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not Locate WAP371 on network

Komps100
Level 1
Level 1

I recently changed my router’s IP addressing scheme from 192.168.x.x/24 to 10.101.x.x/16 (it’s an air-gapped network for lighting control) and now I can not find my WAP371 on the network. I know the default address for the WAP is 192.168.1.245 and have also tried 10.101.1.245. The RV router does not display it as a connected device. How can I find where my access point is on the network without resetting the AP?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

agekov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @Komps100

Hope you are doing well!

My name is Anton and I am part of Cisco SMB Support Team. 

As per your description I assume that your WAP371 AP is configured with static IP address included in the previous IP addressing scheme. This static IP address falls out of the new scheme and that is why it is not discovered by the router. 

I would suggest that you disconnect the AP from the router if this is an option for you and connect directly to PC, assign static IP address to PC's NIC from the same subnet as WAP371 IP address and login. 

Then you can change network settings so that WAP371 gets IP automatically from DHCP server. 

You can review more info in quick start guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/wap371/quick_guide/guide/QSG_ENGLISH.pdf

Other option I can suggest is just to reboot WAP371 AP, so that it re-requests IP address from the DHCP server and receive IP address from the new IP scheme. 

Of course since the reboot will cause traffic downtime you may need to appoint maintenance window for that.

Kind Regards!

Anton Gekov
Technical Consulting Engineer – Level 1
Global CX Centers – Small Business Support

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

agekov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @Komps100

Hope you are doing well!

My name is Anton and I am part of Cisco SMB Support Team. 

As per your description I assume that your WAP371 AP is configured with static IP address included in the previous IP addressing scheme. This static IP address falls out of the new scheme and that is why it is not discovered by the router. 

I would suggest that you disconnect the AP from the router if this is an option for you and connect directly to PC, assign static IP address to PC's NIC from the same subnet as WAP371 IP address and login. 

Then you can change network settings so that WAP371 gets IP automatically from DHCP server. 

You can review more info in quick start guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/wap371/quick_guide/guide/QSG_ENGLISH.pdf

Other option I can suggest is just to reboot WAP371 AP, so that it re-requests IP address from the DHCP server and receive IP address from the new IP scheme. 

Of course since the reboot will cause traffic downtime you may need to appoint maintenance window for that.

Kind Regards!

Anton Gekov
Technical Consulting Engineer – Level 1
Global CX Centers – Small Business Support

Thank you @agekov !