Helpful
Replies

CBW240 config questions

maweigel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have a few problems with a CBW240AC in standalone mode, SW 10.9.1.0:

- How can i change the password complexity rules?

- How can i set "public" as a SNMP community and limti access via an ACL?

- How can i access the console? I found a command "cli-access validate", but nothing on how to use it! What does it expect as the "response" parameter?

- How can i configure Ethernet port parameters?

TIA 

6 Replies 6

@maweigel 

- How can i change the password complexity rules?

The policy for password is already there and you can not change it.

• The password must include lowercase letters, uppercase letters, digits, or special characters. The special characters can be ~, !, @, #, $, %, ^, &, *.

• No character in the password can be repeated more than three times consecutively.

• The new password cannot be the same as the associated username or the username reversed.

• The password cannot be cisco, ocsic, or any variant obtained by changing the capitalization of the letters in the word Cisco. In addition, you cannot substitute 1, I, or ! for i, 0 for o, or $ for s.

- How can i set "public" as a SNMP community and limti access via an ACL?

This device only supports trap receiver to be configured, meaning, you can send traps to a external server and that´s all.

- How can i access the console? I found a command "cli-access validate", but nothing on how to use it! What does it expect as the "response" parameter?

This access points and most of cisco access points is not meant to be managed using  CLI, that´s why everything can be configured using the web interfface.

- How can i configure Ethernet port parameters?

I dont believe you can. It probably comes with speed auto and duplex auto.

Thanks for your help, but this is all bad news. It is unacceptable that cisco forces its policy on me. 

Will do feature requests to change this.

- It depends on your business needs ; you can go for  AP-models for 'not small business'  which can offer CLI access ,  used in autonomous mode and or can be used with a wireless controller 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

The SMB products are targeted at non-technical users who want a plug and play solution similar to what home routers/APs provide so it is not intended to be very configurable.  If you thought otherwise then you maybe have confused this product line with the enterprise product range (Catalyst Wireless).  If you want the ability to do much more granular configuration then that is what you should be looking at.
https://www.cisco.com/site/uk/en/products/networking/wireless/wireless-lan-controllers/catalyst-9800-series/index.html
https://www.cisco.com/site/uk/en/products/networking/wireless/access-points/catalyst-9100-series/index.html

Will do feature requests to change this.
Unlikely that Cisco will change any of that.  The product is designed to suit the target market and these features are not intended for that market.

well, the datasheet of the 240AC specifies a max of 1000 Users and 50 accesspoints per system. This is not what i associate with a "home" thing.

I said "similar to what home routers/APs provide".

This is a SMB product not an Enterprise product.