Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 541N Wlan-AP and IP Phone 7921 DHCP Problem

tde-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hy all!

i've configured my new 541N with 2 VLAN's - first ist the Data Network and the second one is for Voice!

Now i've the Problem that my IP Phone 7921G could not connect correct - i got always a DHCP Error!

When i configure the Phone to Use a static IP the connection establish but i sound like also a Problem with a Timeout!

When i connect with my notebook to the Data Network, DHCP Releases and all other working fine!

The Data Network is encoded with WPA2 and the Voice network with WEP and MAC-Filter (The Phone is listet the Mac-Filter Table as allowed)

What could be the Problem that my Phone won't to work?

Firmware on the 541N: 2.0

Thx for your help!

edith: now i deactivated the WEP Security for the Voice SSID but the 7921G Phone did not connect to the network(it does not matter if the phone is configured with a dhcp or static address)

so it is definitely a problem of the DHCP relay on the AP -

can someone help me please? now it's urgent!

thx very much!

2 Replies 2

bturner
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently working with a Korean company who has mistakenly purchased 16 of these units rather than 1042, or 1142 enterprise access points.  They have been trying to get them to work for weeks.  I have 4 of them sitting on the floor, and you can upgrade to latest software, then reset to factory, and the default SSID's will come on and then turn back off repeatedly. I am going through all the settings now to find if there is a setting that will resolve this issue.

Some of the AP's are working, or will work if you leave them alone.  However if you make any changes to the config.  The wireless radio will start to go up and down again.  I believe there is an issue with the driver on the wireless adapter cisco is using, however they should have tested this in the lab before shipping to customers.

Numerous reviews on the internet have indicated similar issues.  Some people say setting it for 5GHZ N will work, but I believe this is simply luck of the draw.   I believe Cisco should Recall this product.

Brian S. Turner
CCIE 6145

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

Mr. Wernbacher, Please give a little more detail on your network topology. What type of router and switches do you have? How are they doing the VLANs?

Mr. Turner, How long have they had these units. They should be able to exchnge them with the place of purchase. If not please call into our support center. This may be more easily troubleshot directly with a Cisco Agent on the phone than over a forum. Please call 1-866-606-1866 and let one of the answering agents help you with this.

Thanks
Eric Moyers
Cisco Network Support Engineer
CCNA, CCNA-Wireless
1-866-606-1866