cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AP541-N & WAP551 compatible with each other or not?

Hello everyone. We have 18 AP541-Ns and 2 WAP551s at our office. And we want to use them by cluster. My question is that, can these Access points support each other? If someone have any idea on that, please assist us. And another one question:

They can support 10 (AP541) & 12 (WAP551) access points per each cluster. So how can i configure these ones? Maybe i should create 2 cluster (1st floor and 2nd floor) and divide it 10 by 10.

Please help on above problem for us.

Thanks,

Ayush

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Pasadena01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ayush,

Cluster is not comatible between AP541N and WAP551/561, so you have two choices:

- use two Cluster, which have the same IP-Range to connect each other or

- use a WDS Bridge between one AP541N and one WAP551. The AP541N can use Cluster and WDS to the same time, but the WAP551 does not. So you have the WAP551 in Bridge-Mode to one AP541 or you use two WAPs as a second Cluster, but wired then over the same switch.

Pasadena

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Ayushjav,

The device are not compatible to cluster together. You will need to create 2 clusters.

- Marty

Pasadena01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ayush,

Cluster is not comatible between AP541N and WAP551/561, so you have two choices:

- use two Cluster, which have the same IP-Range to connect each other or

- use a WDS Bridge between one AP541N and one WAP551. The AP541N can use Cluster and WDS to the same time, but the WAP551 does not. So you have the WAP551 in Bridge-Mode to one AP541 or you use two WAPs as a second Cluster, but wired then over the same switch.

Pasadena