cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WAP200 Wireless-G AP constantly reboots

igorosha88
Level 1
Level 1

Hello dear support i have issues with my 3 Cisco WAP200, they are rebooting after uptime from 9 to 20 days, i've tried to use latest firmware available 2.0.4.0 but it makes no differance to 2.0.2.4.

I can't see logs to point out the problem (by SNMP i found only something like "out of swap space", and nothing by web interface).

Could you please help me to solve the problem or to find what is the cause of it.

Thanks in advance.

Igor.

3 Replies 3

igorosha88
Level 1
Level 1

can anyone help me with this issue? because it starts to occur each day, so uptime is not more than 24 hours

Hi Igor, are the units powered POE or adapter? I'd recommend to check the powering source. If you've already upgraded/flashed firmware and factory default the unit, it could only be configuration related, power related or the devices becoming faulty.

So I'd say, flash to the latest firmware, factory default the AP(s). Verify the POE switch or power adapter, try different switchports or different outlets, swap out power adapter, wire, move to different switch if possible, whatever the case may be. 

Configure the access point with minimum configuration, password, SSID, security setting, nothing special like repeating, etc.

Then give it a look to see if any problems... if problems persist, call the small business support center.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

We are using power adapters for all 3 AP, and also i tried to setup UPS to each of AP, but it didn't help.

I haven't tried to stock defaults and reconfigure because i don't know what configuration item can cause this.

But thanks anyway for help, will continue to search for solution.