Helpful
Replies

Cisco WAP371 with Mikrotik 1100 Router

bashar.saeed
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I hope you can help me.

I bought two Cisco WAP371 access points in order to install them in my office. I connected them to my Mikrotik RB 1100 router and configured them with a static ip address and a gateway of the mikrotik and added the two public DNSs. For some reason when i connect to the cisco ap wireless, I don't get an IP (hence i dont have internet).

How can i configure the AP to take dhcp to its wireless connected clients from the mikrotik rb 1100. I did all the configuration the mikrotik router but i guess there is something missing on the cisco APs level.

Thank you for your advise.

1 Reply 1

Ingrid Aragon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Bashar, I am one of the engineers from the Small Business team.

I have reviewed the RouterBOARD manual 1100 and was unable to find something related with the VLANs. Let me ask you if you connect a computer directly to the RouterBOARD are you getting the IP address?

Try to do a factory reset to the unit (hold the reset button for 15 seconds), connect the WAP371 to your router one more time and confirm on the DHCP options on your router what IP address was assigned.

Confirm if you were able to solve the issue.

Why should I rate content?
You'll be ensuring that people who generously share their expertise are properly acknowledged. As posts are rated, the value of those ratings are accumulated as "points" and summarized on the Member Profile page and on each member's Preferences page.