cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clean Room (Healthcare environment) installations

phillipyoder1
Level 1
Level 1

Is the Cisco 2702i series access point constructed and suitable for "Clean Room" (Healthcare environment) so that it can handle the daily chemical cleaning process like the Cisco 3602i and 3702i  series access points are constructed to handle?

3 Replies 3

Andrey128
Level 1
Level 1

would be good if someone comment details per this inquiry

a.poindexter
Level 1
Level 1

This may help. Parts of this document explains and gives examples of "Clean Room" functions and device advantages. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/catalyst-9100ax-access-points/guide-c07-742311.html

fredn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes the AP is suitable for clean room use - you can wipe the AP down with Spor-Klenz or diluted alcohol I wrote this a long time ago but still applies..

Application question:                                                                                                     

Can you tell me a little more about the plastic like material used in the construction of Cisco Access Points? Specifically the following models AP-1040, 1140, 1260, 3500 and 3600 series Access Points.

We are wondering what material to use to clean the devices?

Application answer:

The Access Points use the material Cycoloy C2800

Cleaning can be performed using a diluted Hydrogen peroxide or denatured alcohol solution.While it is ok to wipe down the Access Point it is not recommended that you spray the Access Point as the solution may over time get into the connector areas and can damage the device.

Note: The dipole antennas can also be cleaned using the solution above

WARNING: NEVER use partially halogenated hydrocarbons or with ketones such as MEK or strong bases, such as sodium hydroxide as this will damage the material.

For more information on Cycoloy C2800 simply search online for the material data sheet.