Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCuq93941 - WAP371 low throughput on tagged VLANs

According to Bug ID: CSCuq93941

There should be a fixed firmware for download as per 6 Jan 2015. This firmware doesn't exist in the provided link nor in the download firmware section for WAP371. Can you please update the download section with the new fixed firmware.

Best Regards,

Johan

8 Replies 8

support
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have the same problem too, I have two WAP371 in cluster, but no throughput on tagged VLAN.

Latest update dated 19th jan 2015 did not solve the problem...

Searching internet, there seems like more or less impossible to get this feature to work on the Cisco WAP371.

Can Cisco or someone recommend other product for using tagged VLAN?

Regards, Mattias Öhman

New firmware???????

Please Cisco, fix this ASAP.

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. 

The firmware that addresses this issue is available in a beta form until it has gone through complete testing.

In order to get this you can call in an open a case. Once the engineer has some some troubleshooting (Cisco policy) we can get you escalated to the team that is currently in control of that firmware.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Eric, I appreciate your quick response.

Unfortunately I am not going to go that path, I have spent over 12 hours in the past week troubleshooting thinking this "known" issue was something on my network until I found this thread.

When I buy a Cisco product, I assume they work. This time, Cisco failed one more time with the Small Business line of products, and is very disappointing. 

This is the second AP model I came across that doesn't work or run as intended.

(Another issue was with Small Business WAP 4410N - SSID problem, AP will lock up, Cisco released a few firmware files that didn't fix the issue, it is now probably discontinue)

I will probably return the batch we've got and go with Enterprise.

Thank you.

I am sorry for the inconvenience that you have had. Unfortunately most new systems when they come to market have problems that were not caught. There are many recalls each on cars, some many months after release. Not an excuse just plain truth.

With that said I wish that I had known yesterday what I know today. Cisco has released for public use a new firmware 1.2.0.2 for the WAP371. The release notes are not yet to be posted on Cisco.com. However, the new firmware fixes the VLAN Tag issue on WAP371 as well as some of the disconnect issues with WAP371/551/561 platforms.

I would ask that everyone please give this updated firmware an opportunity to resolve your issue.

For the WAP371 go here: https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286154471&softwareid=282463166&release=1.0.1.5

For the WAP551/561 go here: https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284798763&flowid=43803&softwareid=282463166&release=1.2.0.2&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Dear Eric,

we do have/had this issue.

Several hours ago I "found" the new firmware that was released on 12. June! ;-)

With the new firmware - 1.2.0.2 - the throughput of tagged VLAN was working with "full speed" for approx. 45 min. Rebooting the Cluster (4 APs) helped for again approx. 45 min.

Speedtest.net dropped from ~ 100mbit down to ~20mbit. Before the new firmware it was about 1-2 mbit.

Any suggestions? or should I open a support ticket, ...

Thanks in advanced.
Christian

Sorry for the delay. Yes I would call in and open a ticket. This new firmware has been fixing this issue. Not sure what could be causing your continued problems.

Eric Moyers 

I totally agree with Zeek, I have spent way too much time thinking I had done something wrong! The firmware/hardware is corrupt, its really a shame to brand this Cisco!

After now running a ubiquiti unifi for some months without any problems, I will never buy or recommend any Cisco product in this segment!