cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to access ssh on Cisco Business CBW150AX ?

EasyZone
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all 

I have a new cbw150ax-s unk access point. 
I have set a captive portal and test AAA authen with external radius. 
All work fine but there is no accounting send to my radius server. 
So I need to access ssh to use terminal and enable radius accounting. 
I enable SSHv2 on then I ssh to AP ip address.

cbw1.png

I got error : 

easyzone@easyzone-IdeaPad-5-15ITL05:~$ ssh 192.168.88.251 -l ssh
ssh@192.168.88.251: Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).

It seems cbw150ax needs a publickey instead of use normal username and password. 

But there is no option in web management to generate a ssh public key. 

I saw a serial port 
102041.jpg

But which cable I can connect to this port. 

Please advice me. 

Thank you in advance 

Chuan chudabut 
https://www.cloud-hotspot.com

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- No , it's just means that SSH on the device is not available for customer use ,

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Could you hoover or press on the little blue question mark  mark near sshv2 access ; you may get more info's as to how setup SSH  , 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thank you so much for your reply and I sorry for my late reply.

The picture below is message info on little blue question mark.
It is a message. It provides nothing about how to setup.
Please advice me .... 

Screenshot from 2024-04-30 08-52-43.png

>...It provides nothing about how to setup.
       It does : SSH is for Engineering debug only , 

M.

This message means normal user can not access on ssh because we don't have a public key and there is no option to create a public key for ssh. 
Is it right? 

- No , it's just means that SSH on the device is not available for customer use ,

M.

Thank you so much.
So I need to looking for a console serial connection port.

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/wireless/CBW-AX/kmgmt3378-get-to-know-150ax-151axm.html
             >..      Console Port (For Tech Support Only)

Seems like a dead lock...

M.

My goal is to enable radius accouting for captive portal.

I wonder why EAP 802.1x authentication with external radius. a radius accouting function is enable by default.
But captive portal with external radius, a radius accouting function is not enable by default.

I try to enable it. 
Do I need to submit on CBW feature request?

- Note sure  if it can be done with captive portal  , check this document :
 https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/CBW_WiFi_6/Admin_Guide/b_cisco_business_wifi_6_admin_guide/m_4_wireless_settings.html

Look for Radius Accounting with Find in the browser ,

M,

Thank you.

But there is no radius accounting from captive portal sends to my radius server. 

- To me it looks more  that you will have to use higher end models and or APs out of the Small Business oriented market(s) ; 
you may also ask Cisco through https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

M.