Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues setting up WAP200 as a repeater

cgoodsell
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings all.

I'm trying to setup a WAP200 as a wireless repeater and I am having some problems. The SSID I am trying to bridge is coming from a WRV210.

I on both devices I have the SSID, security, and channel set the same. The WAP200 is set to Repeater mode and I did a site survey to find the WRV210. The WRV210 is set to to allow the WAP200 repeat its signa using auto select, manual with site survey and manual actually entering the MAC address by hand.

Nothing seems to work. I can see the wireless next work but when i connect to the repeater I never get an IP address.

Is there some setting I'm missing or something setup wrong?

I have checked and the firmware is up to date.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Sir, My name is Eric Moyers, I am a Network Support Engineer at Cisco's Small Business Support Center. Please call into the Support Center and let one of our Engineers help you with this issue. The number is 1-866-606-1866

Thanks

Eric Moyers
Cisco SBSC Network Engineer
1-866-606-1866

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

How far are is the repeater from the router?  I would configure the device next to the router.  Your doing the settings right from the way your describing.

1. Match ssid, security, channel for both devices.
  2. Manually put in the wireless mac address (not the physical mac address)
  3. When finished with that unplug the repeater's power and ethernet and let it boot up. 
  4. Test with a continous ping to the repeater and wait til you get replies. 
  5. Once you do this, set it up in the area your wanting the signal repeated.  If it will not connect you will have to bring it closer to the router.

Give this a try and let us know.