Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with WAP321 just stop working

estauss01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have 3 WAP321 setup in a cluster mode.

They will work for about an 30 minutes to an hour then nothing. The lights are on, its still brodcasting the SSID, but no clients are able to connect and we are unable to get to the management interface. The only thing that seems to work is just to power cycle the APs.

We thought it had to do with the Green Ethernet, but we have disabled those and we are still having the issue.

They are getting their power from POE switches. One access point is being feed from a Cisco SG200-50 Port switch, while the other two are getting their power from the same model, only a 26 port switch.

We just hooked up the access points last night.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

mdobiac
Level 3
Level 3

Hello estauss01,

First if you are not on the latest firmware on the WAP321 I recommend that you upgrade it.

The latest firmware is 1.0.5.3

Link:  https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284152656&softwareid=282463166&release=1.0.5.3&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

After that you can try the following:

Step 1:  Assign the client with a Static IP address.  Test connection and if everything works go to step 2.

Step 2:    Under Wireless > Radio > Bandwidth Utilization, disable Bandwidth Utilization

Under Wireless > Radio > Legacy Rate Sets supported and basic disable rates 1, 2, and 5.5.  Change Fixed Multicast from auto to 54

If step 2 does not stabilize the connection please do step 3

Step 3:  Under Administration:  Packet Capture:  Enable Promiscuous Capture.  Under Capture Interface:  Capture interface eth0, and then if you having issues with any other SSID capture the wlan and vap associated to that SSID.  

If you needed to the packet capture you can post them here or you can email them to mdobiac@cisco.com

Hope this helps,

Mich

Hello Mich,

I am updating the firmware at the moment on all 3 access points. I will follow up with info once I know if it worked or not.

Thanks

Looks like the firmware update did it...they have been running for almost 5 days straight.

Thanks

Hello estauss01,

Glad to hear the upgrade has stabilized the WAP321.  If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Michael D.