cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV110W Internet Access Restrictions Block Everything

Bernard Hoffman
Level 1
Level 1

I've been playing with the RV110W and Internet Access Restrictions by MAC for about 2 weeks.  During this time, I've done everything I can think of and have read everything I can find to get this feature to work... to no avail.

I just finished upgrading to 1.2.0.9 codebase and the feature still doesn't work the way it's described and I would very much appreciate any help the community can offer.

The branch office policy is that employees are permitted to "freely" use the internet during established "break times".  These times roughly equate to "BeforeWork", "Lunchtime" and "AfterWork".  I created schedules for each of these time windows as M,T,W,T,F from <x> to <y> time (depending on the schedule).

After completing schedule definition, I assigned MACs to the schedules with 3 separate policies:  "BeforeWorkPolicy", "LunchPolicy" and "AfterWorkPolicy".  Each of these has "ALLOW BY SCHEDULE" selected with the matching schedule name and the MAC addresses listed in the appropriate section.

Here is the issue:  If I enable 1 policy at a time, it works as designed.  However, it appears that if a MAC appears in more than one ACTIVE rule, the traffic is blocked.  It almost acts like the policy is applied until there is a match (on MAC or TIME) and then processing stops (instead of MAC and TIME... or processing all rules to see if there is a match).

Please let me know how I can get this to work... otherwise the RVxxxx series is of limited use to us.

Regards,

-=Berns

1 Reply 1

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Bernard,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

Very interesting the scenario you describe, it seems to be a firmware issue and therefore I suggest you to contact the Small Business Support Center directly and have an engineer work this out;

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is any further assistance I may help you with in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.