Replies

wap200 e no hardware reset

longview12
Level 1
Level 1

Hello is the first time i have cisco

I can't do hardware reset in wap 200e

I try as the manual said but nothing

When i connected with lan said there is no lan in my pc in order to acces the ip.

Please any suggestions

Thanks a lot

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

When you hold insert a paper clip or wire into the reset button, hold it down for about 35 to 40 seconds. At that point the unit will be reset to a default IP of 192.168.1.245. If the network that you are adding this to is already using the IP scheme of 192.168.1.X, then simply add this to the network. Put the IP 192.168.1.245 in your browser and you should be able to get to the GUI interface for setup.

If you are using a different IP scheme, then you would connect the WPA200E by Ethernet cable directly to a PC. To do that, you have to set your PC to a static IP address, something like 192.168.1.100 is fine. Then you can open a browser and type in 192.168.1.245 and you should be able to get to the GUI

interface.

As you make your setup changes, I would make all of them and then as the last thing I would change the static IP of the WAP200E. That way when the device reboots, you should be able to hook it up to the existing network and be connected.

After all of this, don't forget to reset your PC back to automatic DHCP.

Please let me know if this helps. 

Να έχετε μια καλή μέρα!

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

When you hold insert a paper clip or wire into the reset button, hold it down for about 35 to 40 seconds. At that point the unit will be reset to a default IP of 192.168.1.245. If the network that you are adding this to is already using the IP scheme of 192.168.1.X, then simply add this to the network. Put the IP 192.168.1.245 in your browser and you should be able to get to the GUI interface for setup.

If you are using a different IP scheme, then you would connect the WPA200E by Ethernet cable directly to a PC. To do that, you have to set your PC to a static IP address, something like 192.168.1.100 is fine. Then you can open a browser and type in 192.168.1.245 and you should be able to get to the GUI

interface.

As you make your setup changes, I would make all of them and then as the last thing I would change the static IP of the WAP200E. That way when the device reboots, you should be able to hook it up to the existing network and be connected.

After all of this, don't forget to reset your PC back to automatic DHCP.

Please let me know if this helps. 

Να έχετε μια καλή μέρα!

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

Στις 21/12/2011 4:53 μμ, ο/η emoyers έγραψε:

>

Home <>

>

Re: wap200 e no hardware reset

created by Eric Moyers

<> in /Small Business

Wireless/ - View the full discussion

<>

Hello

Thanks a lot for your help and your email but nothing happen

I did everything you said and still i can't reset it to factory default.

I am waiting your news

Καλα Χριστούγεννα

Dear Mr Eric Moyers

The problem is still here

I can't have access by lan only wireless but write that wireless acces is not alowed

Is there any other way to do this in order to make factory reset

Καλα Χριστούγεννα

I am waiting your news

Best Regards

Kostas

longview12
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Mr Eric Moyers

Thanks a lot for your answer

I did everything you said but still i can't have factory reset is there any other way to do it

i am waiting your news

Best Regards

Kostas Kaimasidis

Kostas,

The WAP200E has a reset button on the back of the unit (top-middle) of the device. To the right of the whole says (RESET).Since this is an external AP then could possibly have a screw inside the unit. Please take the screw out, now with a paperclip press the button inside the screw whole. You should feel the spring load on your paperclip. Once you are sure it’s working correctly. Press this reset button down for 30-45 seconds. This should take your AP back to factory reset settings. WAP200E is powered via PoE so you’ll need to leave it plugged into a PoE switch, first you can check your DHCP server and see if you have an IP address that matches the MAC address of the AP and access it with this address. If you don’t see an address in your DHCP server, then assign your pc a static IP Address of 192.168.1.20/24 and try and connect to the AP @ 192.168.1.245.

Hope this helps,

Jasbryan

Dear Jasbryan

thanks a lot for your email and your help.

i did all this you advice me but i can't login by wired with ethernet only

from wirelless and write me that you can not  login web server wirellles

Is there any other way to make just a simple factory reset

has anybody has the same problem before

Thanks for your help

i am waiting your news

kostas,

Call into Cisco Small Business Support Center @ 1-866-606-1866 and see if you're device is still under hardware/software warranty. If so open a support case and have the next available engineer assist with your issue. If engineer determine it's defective we can set up an RMA for you.

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Dear Jasbryan

Thanks a lot for your email and your help

My device is only 1 week new

What is RMA ?

Thanks a lot

We wish you a Happy New Year

I am waiting your news and your Help.

Thanks

Kostas

Kostas,

RMA (Return merchandize Authorization) please call the support line for further trouble shooting.

US&Canada 1-866-606-1866

If you're outside the US please click on link below for support numbers

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Dear Jasbryan

We wish you a happy New Year

I can't have access

I have to return it back to the shop.

Thanks a lot for your help

Kostas