Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP321 : can i log access ?

impi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

there is a captive portal into this model that seems perfect to give guess access.

I live in France, and when you give internet guess access to someone you have to log (for one year!) :

-1- name (can be achieve by the person that gives a user), no problem

-2- mac-adress

-3- IP

-4- URL

no problem for the 1, but what about 2,3,4 ? Can the WAP321 log that to a logging serveur like kiwi or so ?

If you know more about guess access law in france do not hesitate to tell me !

Thanks for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

There is a page (Authenticated Clients) within the Captive Portal section that will provide you a list of the MAC address, IP Address and User Name of Clients that are currently logged on. To my knowledge this can not be automatically saved to a log file like our normal logs.

I do think that would be an excellent feature request. If you would like to proceed with making that as a feature request, please call our support center and open a case so that one of our engineers can work directly with you.
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

There is a page (Authenticated Clients) within the Captive Portal section that will provide you a list of the MAC address, IP Address and User Name of Clients that are currently logged on. To my knowledge this can not be automatically saved to a log file like our normal logs.

I do think that would be an excellent feature request. If you would like to proceed with making that as a feature request, please call our support center and open a case so that one of our engineers can work directly with you.
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Hi Eric,

many thanks for this reply. I also need URL into logs  which do not seems to be in the page you told me about. I think that asking a new feature only for france will be a pain !

Any more idea ?

The feature would not be just for France, but a general feature for all to use. I could see where something like this would be good feature.

At this point, going for the feature request, would be the only option. 

No pain on your part other than opening a case with Cisco Small Business.

Eric Moyers

Ok, thanks for this good idea !