Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP321 Captive Portal - unable to configure guest network login

RainerRDE
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community.

I'm running two WAP321 with latest Firmware (1.0.6.2) in a cluster.

Both are connected to a SG300-10 Switch (FW: 1.4.1.3) in L3 Mode.

The Switch is connected to an RV130 Router (FW: 1.0.2.7).

The Router has Inter-VLAN-Routing enabled and static routes to my VLANs configured.

To one of the Router Interfaces is a DNS/DHCP server connected who handle the name resolution and the dynamic IP4 distribution for my network.

In my network I have different VLANs for server, clients, management, test and for WLAN guests.

So far so good.

I've setup on the WAP321 cluster an internal (VAP0) and a guest WLAN (VAP1) by using the Setup Wizard.

DHCP delivering and DNS lookups are ok for both WLANs.

The WAPs VLAN and IP4 Address settings are:

- untagged VLAN:  enabled

- untagged VLAN ID: e.x. 3

- Management VLAN ID: same as untagged VLAN ID

- IPv4 Settings are static in the ip range of the untagged VLAN

- DNS Server are set to manual to a Server in VLAN 4 and to 8.8.8.8

My problem is that I can connect to the Guest WLAN but I never get the Captive Portal Login Screen.

The Captive Portal Instance Association is set to VAP1.

The Captive Instance Configuration "Verification" is set to local.

Users and a Group are configured.

The client get an IP address in the Guest VLAN IP Range and can lookup names and ip addresses, e.x. www.cisco.com.

If I try to open a Website then I get the message that the server did not respond.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Rainer.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I've checked my WAP LAN settings and changed the untagged VLAN ID to 1.

The Management VLAN ID is still e.x. 3.

After I try the access to the Guest WLAN the captive portal sign-in page appears and I was able to logon with a guest account and had access to internet resources.

So from my point of view the problem is solved. :-)

View solution in original post

That is great. I am glad to hear this.

Eric Moyers

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Did not see it mentioned, so going to ask, Did you get the Captive Portal sign-in page?

While this is happening, can you print or get anywhere else on the internal network?

If Clustering is disabled can you get to the internet or internal network?

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Hi Eric,

thanks for your quick response.

When I connect to the guest WLAN I get an IP address from the DHCP Server from the Guest VLAN IP range. I can do name resolutions but I'm unable to ping or connect to internal or external network ressources. If I open an internet browser I don't get the Portal sign-in page.

When I connect to the internal WLAN I get an IP address from the DHCP Server from the internal VLAN IP range. I'm able to ping and to connect to internal and external network ressources.

Same if Clustering is disabled.

Best regards,

Rainer.

I am assuming that other vlans are working since they were not mentioned. If that is the case, without being hands-on, my guess is that something with the DHCP setup may not be correct.

I would suggest calling into our support center and letting on of our answering engineers have a look.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

In the US you can call 1-866-606-1866

Eric Moyers

I've checked my WAP LAN settings and changed the untagged VLAN ID to 1.

The Management VLAN ID is still e.x. 3.

After I try the access to the Guest WLAN the captive portal sign-in page appears and I was able to logon with a guest account and had access to internet resources.

So from my point of view the problem is solved. :-)

That is great. I am glad to hear this.

Eric Moyers